Jewelry Care Instructions
Gold filled is an actual layer of gold pressure bonded to another metal such as brass. It’s not to be confused with gold plating as filled literally has 100% more gold than gold plating. Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant if taken care properly. Most people who can wear gold can wear gold filled without worries of any allergic reaction to the jewelry. Solid gold is of course an exquisite piece of jewelry, but gold filled is an amazing (& affordable!), quality alternative. .
Tips to make it last
- Humidity is the enemy; keep it dry! Store your goodies individually in the air-tight plastic baggie included with your chain necklace.
- Avoid rough wear to slow down the natural process of “wear and tear”.
- Perfume, hairspray & other types of lotion may contain harsh chemicals that can tarnish your jewelry overtime.
- For extra care, gently wipe each piece of jewelry clean of any products and skin oils with a soft jewelry polishing cloth.
- Never use abrasive products to clean your jewelry. They can damage gold plating irreparably.